Last updated: October 2023
Visiting our website at www.mpgclubandevents.com or any of our partner websites.
Using our MPG Club and Event Membership software, social media platforms, or any other applications linked to this privacy notice.
Engaging with us in other related ways, including sales, marketing, or events.
What Personal Information Do We Process?
When you visit, use, or interact with our Services, the collection of personal information may occur based on your interactions, choices, and the features you utilize. Here are the instances where we may collect personal information:
Information Provided by You:
When you register on our site or use it as a collaborator, affiliate, influencer, or in a similar capacity, we request personal information such as your email address and username.
Additionally, we may collect other information including your name, profile details, physical address, billing information, contact details, transactional information, payment details (such as credit card
numbers), taxpayer information, social network account details, education and professional information, and uploaded files.
We may also collect information from your communications with MPG Club and Events.
Information Collected Automatically:
We automatically collect information when you access, browse, or use the Site. This includes data related to your interactions with the site, such as transactions, communications with other users, searches, visited pages, and other on-site actions.
We also collect and process information associated with your device, such as geo-location data, IP address, device and connection details, browser information, web log data, and URLs of visited web
We may employ cookies and similar technologies to provide our services, enhance user experience, personalize your browsing experience, and ensure site security.
Information from Third Parties:
We may receive information from third-party sources such as public databases, marketing partners, and social media platforms.
We also receive data from third-party vendors, including fraud warnings and information from enrichment service providers and advertising partners to enhance your experience.
When you connect your account with a third-party service (e.g., Google, Facebook, LinkedIn), we may receive certain information as authorized by your privacy settings with that service.
We combine this third-party information with the data we collect automatically or from other sources for the purposes outlined in this policy.
How Do We Use The Information Collected?
We utilize your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with high-quality service, operate the Site, fulfill our obligations to you, and improve our services.
- To understand and analyze your performance and preferences, customize and personalize our service, and enhance your experience.
- To maintain marketplace integrity, prevent fraud, and ensure a secure environment for our services.
- To contact you as requested or permitted by you, and to promote and advertise the Site and our services.
- To comply with legal requests and applicable laws and regulations.
We will request your consent before using your information for purposes not listed in this Policy. Our processing of your personal information for marketing purposes is based on our legitimate interest, your consent, or as otherwise allowed by applicable laws. You have the right to opt out of direct marketing at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How Long Do We Keep Personal Information?
We generally retain personal information only as long as needed to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected. However, in certain circumstances, we may retain personal information for longer periods, such as for record-keeping or legal purposes.
Sharing Personal Information with Third Parties
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may share your personal information with third parties in the following ways:
- When you share your information with other MPG Club and Events users or service providers, you do so at your own discretion.
- We share personal information with service providers to operate the Site, open and manage your account, and provide other ancillary services.
- We may disclose personal information for legal reasons, including responding to subpoenas, court orders, or regulatory authorities.
- Personal information may be shared with our corporate affiliates for operating the Site and providing services.
- In the context of a corporate transaction, personal information may be disclosed in cases such as mergers, sales, or acquisitions.
Where We Store Your Personal Information
Some of the personal information you provide may be stored or processed on our behalf by third-party suppliers and data processors located in other jurisdictions. Their laws may differ from the jurisdiction where you reside.
Do Not Track
We do not honor “Do Not Track” requests, as these are privacy preferences set in certain web browsers to opt out of online tracking.
We employ technical and organizational measures to safeguard personal information and maintain the security of our Site. While we take precautions to protect your data, we cannot guarantee complete security over the internet.
Rights of EU, EEA, and UK Users
If you are in the EU, EEA, or UK, you have specific rights regarding your personal information, including:
- Access to your personal information and the basis for processing it.
- Rectification of inaccurate information.
- Erasure of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Restriction of processing in specific situations.
- The right to object to automated processing.
- The right to data portability.
- Access to safeguards for international data transfers.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority. Please note that these rights may be subject to certain restrictions and the interests of other individuals.
Specific Provisions for California Residents
If you are a California resident, you have rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). These rights include:
- Access to the personal information collected about you.
- Deletion of personal information in certain circumstances.
- The right not to be discriminated against for exercising CCPA rights.
- The right to submit requests via an authorized agent.
We do not “sell” personal information, as defined by the CCPA. To exercise these rights, send an email to email@example.com. We will verify your request based on the information associated with your account.
Updating Personal Information
You can update your personal information through your account profile settings on our Site. If you believe any information is incorrect or inaccurate, please inform us, and we will investigate and make